Activities for Individuals
- Help serve dinner at one of our shelters.
- Sort mail in our Client Services Office weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Volunteer to help with youth homework at our West Seattle sites (weekday afternoons).
- Help with a computer skills class at our Cascade Women’s Program.
- We can always use one-time volunteers for donation sorting, office help, and more.
Activities for Groups or Families
- Purchase, prepare and serve dinner for 40-80 men or women at one of our sites. Suitable for 3-8 people, depending upon the menu you choose.
- Bring just a dessert and help dish up supper at one of our shelters. Suitable for 2-3 people.
- Prepare and serve weekend brunch for 80 people at one of our sites. Suitable for 3-8 people.
- Bring breakfast to one of our shelters to serve 40-80 people (must be served by 7am).
- Form a cleaning or yard work party to help one of our transitional housing sites.
Activities To Do With Your Church, Service Club, School or Workplace
- Provide a meal at one of our sites (see above).
- Make 150-200 sandwiches for clients of our Peter’s Place Day Center and drop them off (Sunday – Thursday).
- Collect new socks (very needed).
- Collect and donate bath towels, washcloths, twin-size bed linens and pillows (very needed).
- Collect and donate new sweat pants (sizes L – XXXL).
- Collect and donate soap, disposable razors, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes.
- Make quilts for our shelter beds.
- Plan a yard work or cleaning project.
Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
- Donate a holiday meal side dish or main dish for our shelter’s Thanksgiving or Christmas meals (i.e. cooked turkey, pie, greens, etc.).
- Adopt a family or transitional housing site (5-6 residents) and purchase needed gifts.
- Prepare a complete Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of our shelters.
- Make a holiday meal basket for a family in our housing programs.
- Buy coffee or grocery gift cards for our clients (these serve as Christmas gifts). $5 or $25 denominations are preferred.
- Donate new warm clothing (hats, gloves, jackets) for holiday gifts (for clients).
For details or to sign-up please contact Kevin Friedrich, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call him at 206-474-1071.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I complete court-ordered community service hours at Compass Housing Alliance?
A: No. Compass Housing Alliance does not have positions available for court-ordered volunteers.
Q: Can minors (under age 18) volunteer at Compass Housing Alliance?
A: In most cases minors 14 or older are allowed to volunteer at Compass Housing Alliance, as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian or are part of a group with adult chaperones.