Activities for Individuals
- Help serve dinner at one of our shelters.
- Be on-call to help with mailings and special projects.
- Sort mail in our Client Services Office, weekdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Volunteer to help with our youth resident’s homework at our West Seattle sites.
- Help lead fun or educational classes.
- Help staff the front desk at select program sites.
- Apply to teach a life skill, craft, or exercise class.
Activities for Groups or Families
- Purchase, prepare and serve supper for 40-80 men or women at one of our shelters. Suitable for 3-6 people, depending upon the menu you choose.
- Bring just a dessert and help dish up supper at one of our shelters. Suitable for 2-4 people.
- Prepare and serve weekend brunch for 80 people at one of our sites. Suitable for 3-6 people.
- Prepare Sunday breakfast at Hammond House shelter. Suitable for 2-3 people.
- Form a cleaning, painting, or yard work party.
Activities To Do At Your Church or Club
- Make 150-200 sandwiches for clients of our Day Center and drop them off (Sunday – Thursday)
- Collect new socks (very needed)
- Collect and donate bath towels, washcloths, twin-size bed linens and pillows,
- Collect and donate soap, disposable razors, deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes.
- Make quilts for our bunks. Residents moving into housing may take their quilts home.
- Plan a yard work or cleaning project.
Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
- Donate a holiday meal side dish or main dish for our shelter’s Thanksgiving or Christmas meals (i.e. cooked turkey, pie, greens, etc.).
- Donate a dish and participate as a meal server.
- Adopt a family or housing site and purchase needed gifts for the site.
- Prepare a complete Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast, lunch or dinner at our overnight shelters.
- Make a holiday meal basket for a family in our housing programs.
- Buy coffee or grocery gift cards for our clients (these serve as Christmas gifts).
- Donate new warm clothing (hats, gloves, jackets) for holiday gifts (for clients).
- Prepare Christmas lunch or dinner for 40 women at our overnight women’s shelter
For more details please contact Kevin Friedrich, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call him at 206-357-3108.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I complete court-ordered community service hours at Compass Housing Alliance?
A: No. Compass Housing Alliance does not have positions available for court-ordered volunteers.
Q: Can minors (under age 18) volunteer at Compass Housing Alliance?
A: In most cases minors are allowed to volunteer at Compass Housing Alliance, as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian or are part of a group with adult chaperones.